Don Bradman Cricket 14 has a new dynamic control system which provides you lot of controlling features. However, if you’re a fan of classic Keyboard control system like EA Sports Cricket 07 or Ashes Cricket 2009, Don Bradman Cricket might be confusing for you as the game only supports Gamepad/XBox Controller on PC. Well, if you seriously want to play Don Bradman Cricket 14 using your Keyboard, we have a solution for you. In order to play Don Bradman Cricket 14 on PC using your Keyboard without requiring Gamepad, follow the steps below:
- Download x360ce and VJoy from the links provided below. You will need these two applications to Map your Keyboard to the Game.
- Extract VJoy from the archive and then run the ‘VJoySetup.exe”.
- Now, extract all the files from the x360 archive to a folder.
- Copy all the files from “x360ce_Don Bradman Cricket 14” folder and paste it to your Don Bradman Cricket 14 Installation directory. For ex, C:\Program Files (x86)\Don Bradman Cricket 14.
- Now, run VJoy and then click on “Open INI“. Now, select “cricket14.ini” from the VJoy Folder (the folder where you initially extracted the Vjoy Setup Files.
- Now, click on “Enable“.
- Go to your Don Bradman Cricket 14 Installation folder and then open “XinputTest.exe“. It will show the status as Connected. If it doesn’t show “Connected” then you may be doing something wrong and hence verify the above steps.
- Now, minimize the current window (Don’t close the window).
- Now open “x360ce.exe” from the same folder and then minimize the window and you can start playing your game.
- If it is showing “Not connected” in XInput Test, copy go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy “dinput8.dll” from that folder and paste it to the Don Bradman Cricket 14 directory, where you’ve installed x360. Replace the file with the copied file.
NOTE: You can change control mapping from VJoy but the current settings are recommended.
Here are the default keyboard controls:
- Arrows for shots
- A for run
- S to Cancel the run
- D to Diving
- Z to Defence
- X to Power Shot
If you are still facing issues in playing with Keyboard, kindly post in the comments below.