Cricket Gaming Forums

Cricket Gaming Forums (http://www.cricketgaming.net/forums/index.php)
-   International Cricket 2010 (http://www.cricketgaming.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   My little review (http://www.cricketgaming.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10791)

JPKD 21-06-2010 06:32 AM

My little review

International Cricket 2010

As a sport Cricket has always failed to transfer in to the world of computer gaming. The best example of this is the fact that Brian Lara Cricket from 1999 is just as playable and enjoyable as any cricket game since. I often find myself playing BLC '99 after a shirt spell with a newer game. Eleven years on from BLC comes Codemasters fourth attempt to better it and a second change in brand name.

International Cricket 2010 bears many resemblances to Ashes Cricket 2009 and keeps many of the core gameplay aspects while improving areas that lacked in the previous game. While the batting ai judges weather a ball is good, bad or indifferent before deciding to attack or defend the use of the analog stick to aim your delivery is fresh. Batting also remains similar but with added control over the power put in to a stroke.

As a result the game is easy to pick up from last year and the new action camera is worth persiting with. Earlier this year I played a baseball game for the first time and was impressed by the camera angles used for hitting and pitching. The third person view allows the player to feel part of the game rather than a spectator. The action cam also gives a brilliant view of the stadiums which is often lost in broadcast mode as it could be any field in the world. For example at Lord's it is possible to admire the grand pavillion from one end and the futuristic media centre from the other.

The game has also added more features with a better though out tournament mode with an imitation World Cup, Champions Trophy, World T20 and even the IPL. Custom tournaments also allow the player to create their own format. While it is also slightly bizarre that The Ashes have been dropped despite keeping both the English and Australian name and likeness rights. Frustratingly their have been no additions to crickets oldest rivals but customization allows the player to edit names and add custom players to a nation.

From my experiences bowling is as fun any other cricket game while the ball physics are still not perfect as the ai will quite happily pull a ball for six of a full length delivery. Batting is tougher as it takes a while to adjust to action cam but if you remain patient and build a batsmens confidence you will be rewarded. This leads me to the conclusion that it is defiantly the best since Brian Lara in '99 but whether it's better remains to be seen.

If I had my way I would like to see the return of classic matches and Ashes mode and some more licences. Gameplay seems just about as good as it gets with the few niggles being still slightly unrealistic bounce and shot selection by the ai, more aggressive running by the ai and a new approach to spin bowling. The advent of the Xbox Kinect and the PlayStation Move in particular leaves the possibility of even further advances to add to realism and a feeling of player invlovment. Until then action cam, improved ai and new tournaments will do enough to entertain the committed cricket gamer.

samysam 21-06-2010 10:57 AM

Re: My little review

i like the game very much.

Stumped 21-06-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

This leads me to the conclusion that it is defiantly the best since Brian Lara in '99 but whether it's better remains to be seen.
Even I was thinking the same and all because just of the new batting system.

some typo mistakes but still a nice review :).

Bounce 21-06-2010 08:14 PM

The review looks fine to me.

Quote:

And the new action camera is worth persiting with.
The only reason I am thinking to purchase as PS3, so that it can run IC10 and I use the Action Camera. :laugh:

Stumped 21-06-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

The only reason I am thinking to purchase as PS3, so that it can run IC10 and I use the Action Camera.
You can still see a demo of Action Cam. Just use "Behind the Batsman" camera mode in Cricket 07.

alaukik 21-06-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce (Post 19445)
The only reason I am thinking to purchase as PS3, so that it can run IC10 and I use the Action Camera. :laugh:

if you will buy ps3 just for cricket
you could consider giving 1k to a programmer(ask AbBh:p) who can add no-hud,action cam,gameplay editor etc in ac09
i know it sounds silly but better than putting 20k on a ps3 for playing a non-licensed(would you like playing with fake kits,faces of indian team) game of cricket.

Bounce 21-06-2010 10:05 PM

Ya, but PS3 has various other uses too.
Might go for it if I get a second hand piece used for less than a month.

facembani223 11-04-2016 02:45 PM

I am thinking to purchase as PS3, so that it can run IC10 and I use the Action Camera