How to place a bet on cricket
Is only watching cricket boring you? You would like to partake in action by betting on your favorite teams and players but don’t know how to start? Here is a quick guide to get you started.
Register Your Account
You have to create your account on an Online Cricket Betting Site. The best-known sites are Betway, Casumo, BET265, Leovegas, 22BET, and BODOG. All you have to do is visit the official betting site of your choice, click on the “register” button from the top of screen and fill out the details on the form.
- Choosing a website may be tough, but it is important to choose a site that offers the best odds and high returns if you are looking for long-term profit.
- BODOG has known to offer the highest odds in Online betting in India. It is lesser-known than Betway and BET365 but quickly gained followers in India due to its USP of high odds.
- BET365 offers exclusive offers like live streaming with user-friendly mobile apps.
- Check the level of data security like SSL encryption or firewall protection and governing bodies they are regulated with
Deposit Money in your account
Once you have registered, the next step is to deposit money in your account. UPI and Netbanking is the easiest way so far to do so. Credit cards and e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller are also other options but may be cumbersome for the average Indian.
For depositing money in your account, click on the “Deposit” option, choose the appropriate payment method and fill in the required details of your card. Hence, click on “submit” and you can easily fund your account.
Not all bookmakers offer your desired payment method, so it is better to research properly before registering
Good websites will offer more advanced options such as betting on most match sixes, most run-outs, etc. All websites will offer simple betting options such as Royal Challengers to win over Mumbai Indians.
Before you deposit money in your account, it is better to understand all the terms and conditions related to cricket betting.
Withdraw your Money
If you win the game and want to withdraw your winning amount, go to “Bank”, then tap on the “withdraw” option. Now enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- If the odds are in your favor and you end up winning some fortune, usually you can withdraw it via the same option you used to deposit your betting money.
- This may be time-consuming if you have deposited Money using credit cards. The website also needs to conduct a KYC to check your identity and verify your funds’ sources are illegal.
- There are different wager requirements to fulfill for withdrawing your winnings, better read all the terms.
Remember, online betting will not make you a fortune overnight! But with the correct analysis of the odds before every match and a long term strategy, you might add that extra flavor to plain old cricket watching.
Types of Cricket Bet
- Wager on the “Best batsman” who you think will do the most runs in a match/day/series.
- Choose the “Best Bowler” you think will take the most wickets in a game or series.
- Decide how a batsman will be “dismissed”: Caught, Bowled, LBW, Run Out, Stumped, and others.
- Wager on the team who will be the “Toss winner”.
- Bet on the player you think will score the “most sixes”.
- Choose which of the two teams you think will be the “Series Winner” at the end of the matches.
- The bettor has two options to predict that the total score will be “Over/Under” than the betting provider’s number specified.
- Decide which of the two teams will make the “Most Runs outs” in a match or series.
- Bet on a winning team “Match handicap”.
- Opt for the team that makes the “Highest Opening Partnership”.
- Choose the player who you think will win the title “Man of the Match/Player of a Series”.
- Bet on the player who will “score 50 in the match”.
- Bet on the team who will “score the most 4s in the match”.
If you have found two or three sites that offer the markets and selections you’re interested in, you can compare the odds each site offers. They are not the same everywhere.
When bookmakers calculate odds, they consider several factors that reflect the likelihood of one outcome or another. If the odds are short, an outcome is more likely than with long odds. That means the bet is safer.
If you are looking to earn some quick money, better to choose the site with free bets and low deposits.
Players who are ready to spend good time while betting on numbers of events, look for the upper scale deposit bonuses.
Live Cricket Betting
Normally, bettors place their bet in the beginning of the match, but live cricket betting is one of the most preferred features offered by various cricket betting sites. It allows wagering on live matches and hence making the betting experience exciting. Players can also keep track of the scores plus, have the full access to real time updates which is so much fun!
However, there are plenty of factors changing the entire game which can affect your betting market in a huge way. In such cases, live betting allows punters to make wagers that will bring them a better payout.
If you are looking to wager on any cricket match/series/tournament, choose the site with live-betting and in-play features. It will not only help you in making better wagering decisions but will also enhance your betting experience.
Mobile Cricket Betting
With portable devices – mobile, tablet or laptops, it has become easy for gamers to enjoy their sport / game anytime, anywhere. There is a wide range of cricket betting apps in India covering all the top tournaments such as IPL, BBT20, World Test Championship, Super League, T20, Women’s Cricket World Cup, CPL, ODI Series and many more. The best cricket betting apps can be selected here at https://cricketbettingguru.com/cricket-betting-apps/.
But it is not easy to find the best cricket betting site with an app. However, if you want to make your cricket betting easier on the go, choose the one that offers a decent mobile app with competitive odds, a range of cricket events, and good bonuses and promotions for the sport.
We have also listed some additional information that might help you choose the best mobile cricket betting platform.
- Excellent user interface
- Free to use
- Appropriate servers and software
- Extra exclusive features
- Security protocols
- Better functionality
- Mobile Bonuses
Cricket Betting Bonuses
A good cricket betting site always offers beginners a variety of bonuses, rewards and promotions on signups and deposits, like
- Welcome bonus
- No deposit Bonus
- First deposit bonus
- Free bets
- Reload Bonus
However, if you want to gain all of these benefits, you can visit the official page of the site that we have listed and check out the welcome offers or the welcome bonuses offered by them on cricket betting.
When the bonuses seem perfect to you, check out their terms and conditions. If they’re worth it, go for it.
Cricket Tournaments to Bet On
As you know, there are tons of cricket games being played worldwide, of which some you may already be familiar with while others might not. However, in this section, we have highlighted some of the cricket betting games on which you can wager at any site:
- Indian Premier League
- Twenty20 World Cup
- ICC Cricket World Cup
- The Ashes
- International Test Cricket
- Asia Cup
- ICC Champions Trophy
- Ranji Trophy
- Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup
Thing to Keep in Mind
Before betting on a cricket match, you need to make sure that you know the pros and cons of how the game is played. However, that is not all you need to know. Here we have mentioned a few key factors which you should keep in mind before making your wager.
- Ensure the site is licensed under Malta Gaming License, Curacao Gaming License, or depending on the country.
- Check its availability, customer support, contact options, and languages available.
- Availability of live betting
- Check promotion and bonuses you can take benefits of with terms and conditions applied.
- Understand odds and probability
- Whether the website is easy to navigate, fast, and responsive
- Accept INR payment methods.
- Compare the betting odds offered by the site.
- Live streaming option
- Offer you with a mobile application or not.
Is online Cricket betting legal in India?
Wager on cricket matches online in India is a controversial matter, as there is no law indicating that this is currently a lawful or limited activity. But the best way is to use offshore gambling platforms, which offer a trustworthy and reliable way to place a bet on your favorite cricket matches.
Betting on Cricket offers huge opportunities to beginners. It is an unpredictable sport, which makes betting fascinating and appreciated by sports lovers globally. But it can be affected by the other conditions. So, it is advisable to check the weather condition of the area before wager on cricket matches / series / tournaments.
However, there is never-ending market for cricket matches where players can easily find the cricket betting site with the best bets and odds. If you are still confused to choose one of the best platforms for cricket betting, consider the factors discussed above.