You heard about this game “Freddie Flintoff’s Powerplay Cricket” for Nintendo DS first at CricketGaming 5 months back and now the game is officially announced.
Play as Freddie Flintoff and become an integral player for England in this fast moving, high scoring arcade cricket game.
Scheduled for release August 6th, this is the first ever cricket game for the Nintendo DS. Freddie Flintoff’s Power Play Cricket is currently under development at Fuzzy-Frog Games Ltd, one of the UK’s leading developers and is being endorsed by Freddie himself.
With numerous game-play and bowling options, including Head to Head multiplayer, Quick Match 20-20 and World Tour modes and 4 Bonus Challenge plus net Practice Modes, you can play in 5 Cricket Stadiums around the world and master Freddie’s skills to become the perfect all-rounder.
CricketGaming’s Exclusive List of Improvements from the Mobile Version:
* The major addition is single card multiplayer using DS Download Play. This is basically a “quick match” game against another player with both players taking it in turns to bat and bowl against each other. The winner is the one with the most runs.
* There are now 5 locations instead of the mobiles original one.
* Completely new artwork for locations, menus, cricketers and cricketer animations designed specifically for the Nintendo DS
* New game modes 20-20 mode, improved world tour mode, quick play and challenges
* Unlockable trophies
* The game plays exactly the same as the original other than all the new features obviously and the new control system. Hitting the ball is done by drawing on the touch screen the direction and speed you want to hit the ball. Bowling is done by drawing a gesture for the bowl type you want and dragging the aim cursor where you want the ball to go.